Candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives, Michigan’s Fourth District
My total allegiance is to the Constitution of the United States and the people I represent. I don’t support any action which seeks to create dependency on government, control over the people, or the infringement of our God-given rights.
Washington has reached the point where it feels it is infallible, omnipotent, and can impose its will at its discretion. This is the precursor to tyranny. I have five focus points to restrain the federal government:
1: Cut out the middle man — Break Washington’s Financial Stranglehold over the States: Read More
2: Restrain government by insisting the States and the People enforce the Constitution: Read More
3: Ensure the military never becomes the President’s personal army of domestic suppression: Read More
4: Base Immigration on the rule of law: Read More
5: Allow true economic growth by eliminating federal interference in the economy: Read More
Dave Camp announced his retirement on March 31, 2014. I want to thank him for his resolve when he stood firm on Constitutional issues, and wish him well in his retirement.
If good men do nothing, those seeking to destroy our nation will prevail.
What a waste.
The solution is simple, cut Washington out of the equation. Have the states directly collect and fund whatever programs are desired within their jurisdiction —for just 30% of what is now being sent to Washington, and provide the exact same level of service. In all likelihood states could collect less money and provide better service without federal interference. The 70% not sent to Washington can be retained by those who produced it and used for true job creation or to offset individual dependency on government.
Think about it.
When acting outside of constitutional authority, the only result of federal involvement is to drain resources and impede efficiency through the imposition of politically inspired regulations imposed by a bloated bureaucracy. The answer is to follow the Constitution — bypass Washington and have the states and the people address societies needs. This concept is critical to restraining Washington.
I strongly encourage all officials to honor this OBLIGATION and refuse to acknowledge, implement, and enforce all unconstitutional dictates imposed by Washington (as proposed by Jefferson in the Kentucky Resolutions of 1798.)
I also encourage the people to express the same constitutional-defiance as Rosa Parks, and refuse to cower before, and submit to, unconstitutional federal directives. Doing so is our right as free men and will render the federal government irrelevant when acting outside its authority.
Please review additional Konetchy posts about restraining Washington by actually enforcing the Constitution:
The military exists to secure the Liberty of the people, not to be used for domestic submission and control. This litmus test is diametrically opposed to freedom and must be stopped.
Congress, not the president, was granted the authority to make rules for the governance of the armed forces. As a congressman I will fight to implement the necessary safeguards prohibiting US troops from firing upon the civilian population at large. Any officer so ordering must be held personally responsible. As a protection to the people, I would insist that use of the military to suppress domestic insurrections must be approved by a three quarter majority of both houses of Congress.
Illegals must go back to their country of citizenship then follow the legal immigration process. If Washington refuses to control the borders I encourage the states to exercise their constitutional authority to repel the “invasion” of illegals by enforcing existing law.
Please review additional Konetchy posts about the Economy:
Free Enterprise – the Engine of a Free Society
He’s no Conservative and far too many of his recent votes are destructive to the wellbeing of this nation.
In 2010 Republicans won control of the House with the mandate to cut spending and stop the implementation of Obamacare. Since this historic victory, Camp has a demonstrated a disturbing pattern of ignoring the will of the people and instead voting to enable the growth of government.
I’m not alone in my feeling of betrayal. Two well respected “watchdog” groups who track the votes of federal representatives agree. FreedomWorks (www.freedomworks.org) scored Dave Camp with the dismal record of voting for freedom about half the time (52%) in 2013, just one third of the time (37%) in 2012, and about two thirds of the time (66%) in 2011.
Camp’s earned a dishonorable position in Madison Project’s “Hall of Shame” (madisonproject.com) which, according to its website, includes representatives “…who’s conservative ratings are the worst of the worst, radically underperforming the conservative expectations of their districts.”